Starting a business can be daunting. That's why Nesta created the Creative Enterprise Toolkit — a practical resource to help you plan, build, test, communicate and launch your new creative business.
- Explore your values and how they align with your business idea
- Identify your customers and the relationships you need to build
- Use blueprint modelling to visually map how your business will function
- Develop your marketing messages
- Learn financial tools to ensure you are in control of your business finances
If you're interested in launching your own creative business and don't know where to start, you can purchase the Creative Enterprise Toolkit for £19.99 by emailing [email protected].
Make your good idea grow
Specifically designed for creative people, the activities in the Creative Enterprise Toolkit are focused on developing both you and your business idea.
As well as exploring your values, identifying customers, developing your marketing messages, you will consider what future success looks like to you and develop a business plan that suits your motivations and aspirations.
- Four handbooks to help shape your creative idea into a business
- Activity worksheets for you to explore and visualise the key issues of the business
- Case studies of successful creative entrepreneurs from around the world who have used the Creative Enterprise Toolkit
- Tutor notes for creative entrepreneur supporters with information on how to build a programme of activities
What creative entrepreneurs say about the toolkit
The Creative Enterprise Toolkit has been used by hundreds of successful creative entrepreneurs around the world, from fashion designers, to freelance artists, to tech start-ups.
“Thinking about myself, my ideals, my motivations and the impact of my business was much more valuable to me than simply knowing how a business functions.”
“Starting a business can be daunting but nonetheless exciting prospect. Being given the tools to help you break down exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it has helped me manage my business needs one step at a time instead of visualising a mammoth task and not knowing where to start."
This short video features three creative entrepreneurs who have used Nesta's creative enterprise toolkit to help plan, build, shape, test, launch and communicate their new creative business.