Why are we doing this?
The Scottish Government’s Digital Health and Social Care Strategy sets out a bold vision for how technology can support person-centred care, and sets out to maximise the opportunities of digital technology to help improve the health and wellbeing of people in Scotland. As part of this strategy, the Government has an ambitious plan to develop a National Digital Platform through which real-time data and information from health and care records are linked and available to those who need them - clinicians, care workers and citizens.
As part of the overall strategy, the Scottish Government is also keen to showcase the “art of the possible” and fund digital exemplars to demonstrate what the future of health and care could look like if citizens could access and use data to lead healthier lives.
What are we doing?
We are looking for bold and ambitious people-facing projects that demonstrate innovative approaches to empowering Scottish citizens with data and information, and develop and showcase the potential of a new generation of data-driven, people-centred digital technology.
Funded by the Scottish Government and delivered by Nesta, grants of up to £30,000 are available for organisations delivering benefit to people within Scotland.
As well as grants, Nesta and the Scottish Government will provide capacity-building support to each of the projects including data access, data governance, access to networks etc.
Eligible projects are invited to submit an expression of interest (EOI) by 10am on the 14 December 2018 [this deadline has now passed].
- Briefing workshops: Monday 3 December 2018 (Edinburgh and Glasgow); Tuesday 4 December 2018 (Inverness)
- Online briefing webinar: Thursday 6 December 2018. Replay the webinar or Listen to the recording.
- Deadline for EOI submission: 10am Friday 14 December 2018 [this deadline has now passed]
- Shortlist notified: Wednesday 16 January 2019
- Workshop for shortlisted ideas in Scotland: Tuesday 22 January 2019
- Deadline for full application: Wednesday 25 February 2019
- Grantees notified: Monday 8 March 2019
- April 2019 to December 2019: period of grant funding
For further information, please email us at [email protected].