Map of ODAs in the UK
Offices of Data Analytics across the UK are at different stages of their journey. Some are just starting out with a new idea and a good intention. Some may have already engaged senior leaders and have the backing of the organisation to progress. Others are scoping or running pilots. Others have been established for a number of months and have the strong leadership backing, funding and capability to progress.
We have categorised each ODA by its progress and current state of operation. It’s important to note that this is not a ‘grading’ or ‘rating’ of quality or performance. Rather, this is purely to provide an informed picture to help organisations learn from one another.
- Understanding: An organisation is interested in setting up an ODA and there is interest amongst partners. The concept is still being defined and a vision and objectives being developed.
- Scoping: There is an intention and shared interest in setting up an ODA and most partners are signed up to the approach, and possibly a common data sharing charter. A vision is developed, and pilots are being scoped.
- Piloting: A pilot or pilots are being undertaken using multi-agency data to answer a specific question or solve a specific problem. Other organisations are signed up and the vision is clearly developed.
- Running: The Office is established, and data is being shared routinely. Pilots have taken place and analytical products have been developed as a result of the function.
- The Office for Data Analytics (Avon and Somerset) - Running
- Essex Centre for Data Analytics (ECDA)- Piloting
- Greater Manchester Office of Data Analytics (GM ODA) - Scoping
- London Office of Technology and Innovation (LOTI) - Piloting
- Suffolk Office of Data Analytics (SODA) - Scoping
- West Midlands Office of Data Analytics (WMODA) - Scoping
- Worcestershire Office of Data Analytics (WODA) - Piloting
- Surrey Office of Data Analytics - Understanding
- North Yorkshire Office for Data Analytics (nYODA) - Understanding