These terms and conditions govern nominations to the third edition of ‘Europe’s Corporate Startup Stars 2019’ (the “Awards”), which is a programme being run and managed jointly by Nesta and Mind the Bridge (please see section 16 below for our full details).
Please read these terms and conditions before submitting a nomination. By submitting a nomination, you (whether a nominator or nominee) accept these terms and conditions and agree to comply with them.
1. When submitting a nomination, you will be requested to provide contact information for your nominee(s), if available. If the entry is shortlisted we will contact the nominee(s) to obtain their consent to participate in the Awards, and to confirm their agreement to these terms.
2. Nominations are welcomed from unsuccessful nominees for Corporate Startup Stars in previous years, and from winners of a previous Corporate Startup Stars award.
3. Nominees must be large organisations active in Europe and a nominator may only nominate each nominee once but can submit multiple nominations for different individuals or organisations.
4. Nominations must be submitted by completion of an online application form which shall be made available through a link on the Nesta website. You must provide the following information via the application form:
a) An email address (compulsory) and optionally, a name and surname for the nominator and a contact name for the nominee (if available); and
b) The name of the large organisation active in Europe nominated and optionally the reason (s) for your nomination.
5. All information disclosed in your nomination must be true, accurate and not misleading and you shall notify us immediately of any errors in or changes to the information provided. We may request additional information if necessary. All material submitted as part of your nomination is generally non-returnable.
6. By submitting a nomination, you grant Nesta and Mind the Bridge a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to re-publish the entry without restriction in any and all media, including in electronic format and hard copy, and including on startupeuropepartnership.eu, nesta.org.uk, mindthebridge.com, and you hereby irrevocably waive, for the benefit of Nesta and Mind the Bridge, all moral rights in the entry material to which you are entitled.
7. Entries open on the 6th March 2019 and must be submitted by 11.59pm (GMT) on the 30th April 2019. Nominations received outside this time period may not be considered.
8. We are committed to protecting your privacy and we take all reasonable precautions to safeguard the personal information you give to us. We will use that information in accordance with all relevant Data Protection Legislation and Regulations.
9. If your nomination is successful you agree to participate in publicity for the Awards. You consent to Nesta and Mind the Bridge using a summary of your nomination in promotion and publications relating to the Awards in any media and online. We will not disclose any commercially sensitive information marked as such which you have disclosed as part of your nomination, but ask that you do not disclose such information unless necessary.
10. Nesta and Mind the Bridge reserve the right to (i) vary these terms and conditions at any time; (ii) extend any deadlines or suspend or withdraw the Awards at our discretion. Variations will take effect from the date they are posted on Startup Europe Partnership’s, Nesta’s and Mind the Bridge’s website, so you must check these pages regularly. The decision of Nesta and Mind the Bridge in all matters relating to the Awards is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. You must bear any costs relating to the submission of your nomination and are responsible for all costs and arrangements associated with nomination and selection.
12. Nesta and Mind the Bridge accept no responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction, problems with postal collection or delivery, internet issues, damage to a computer from submitting a nomination or accessing Nesta or the Mind the Bridge’s websites or downloading material, or any other problem which may result in any nomination not being properly received or registered, nor for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by a nominee as a result of being nominated for the Awards or accepting selection. Proof of delivery of a nomination is not proof of receipt by us. All lost, damaged or incomplete nominations will be deemed invalid.
13. Nesta’s and Mind the Bridge’s aggregate maximum liability to you or anyone else under these terms and conditions (if any) will be limited to £100. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation made by us.
14. Nesta and Mind the Bridge shall not be liable for any failure to comply with their obligations relating to the Awards where the failure is caused by something outside their reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, cyber terrorism, hacking or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
15. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and both parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
16. The Organisers are: Nesta, a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 7706036 and a charity with registered number 1144091, whose registered office is 58 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y ODS and Mind the Bridge, established in Polo Tecnologico-Via F.lli Cuzio 42, Pavia 27100, Italy, VAT number: IT02532040181.