Creative Enterprise Programme: events
A practical capacity-building programme to support creative entrepreneurs around the world and encourage sustainable and resilient livelihoods.
For nearly ten years, we have been working in partnership with the British Council to deliver the Creative Enterprise Programme.
Developed from the Creative Enterprise Toolkit, the programme’s core offer is a three-day capacity-building workshop to support creative and social entrepreneurs in establishing and growing their businesses.
Between November 2016 and November 2018, the programme took place in 36 cities in 20 countries, in seven languages, to more than 1,100 creative entrepreneurs in arts and culture, fashion, handicrafts, digital, publishing, gaming, performance arts and more.
About the workshop
Day 1: You and your idea Participants dissect their personal values, how these relate to the purpose of their business, and visualise the future.
Day 2: Your customers Participants imagine who their customers are, what their customers values are, how to communicate to potential customers and how to ensure their business meets their customers needs.
Day 3: Your business Day three brings the efforts from the previous two days together. Participants explore the key components required to build their own business model canvas.
The application and participant selection process is managed by the local British Council teams and their delivery partners. Each workshop usually offers 25 participant places. Contact your local British Council office to find out more or click the 'apply now' links below.
Workshops are taking place in the following locations:
- Cairo, Egypt: Sunday 17 - Tuesday 19 March 2019 (applications are closed)
In 2019, workshops have taken place in the following locations:
- Kiev, Ukraine with IZONE: January 2019
- Kiev, Ukraine with Projector and IZONE: January 2019
- Dnipro, Ukraine with Be in UA: January 2019
- Cairo, Egypt: January 2019
- Mexico City, Mexico: February 2019
- Saint Louis, Senegal: February 2019
- Cairo, Egypt: February 2019
- Bogota, Colombia: February 2019
In 2018, workshops took place in the following locations:
- Kampala, Uganda: January 2018
- Chisinau, Moldova with Moldova Competitiveness Project: February 2018
- Minsk, Belarus with Creative Belarus: February 2018
- Kiev, Ukraine: February 2018
- Rivne, Ukraine: February 2018
- Kharkiv, Ukraine: February 2018
- Chisinau, Moldova: February 2018
- Brest, Belarus: February 2018
- Poltava, Ukraine: February 2018
- Cairo, Egypt with the Ministry of Social Solidarity: March 2018
- Manila, Philippines: April 2018
- Kampala, Uganda: May 2018
- Kampala, Uganda: May 2018
- Zhytomyr, Ukraine: July 2018
- Accra, Ghana with Tentmaker: September 2018
- Accra, Ghana with Ghana Design Network: September 2018
- Lagos, Nigeria with the Assembly: September 2018
- Kumasi, Ghana with Kumasi Hive: September 2018
- Dakar, Senegal with Africulturban: October 2018
- Ankara, Turkey with Istasyon TEDU: October 2018
- Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine with Teple Misto: October 2018
- Freetown, Sierra Leone with Sensi Tech Hub: October 2018
- Odessa, Ukraine with Impact Hub: October 2018
- Kiev, Ukraine with IZONE: October 2018
- Kiev, Ukraine: October 2018
- Lviv, Ukraine with PVV Knowledge Networks: October 2018
- Colombo, Sri Lanka: November 2018
- Kampala, Uganda: November 2018
- Istanbul, Turkey with ATÖLYE: November 2018
- Dakar, Senegal with Africulturban: December 2018
- Izmir, Turkey with Originn: December 2018
Creative Enterprise Toolkit
The Creative Enterprise Toolkit was first launched by Nesta in 2007. The toolkit is a practical resource to help people plan, build, test, communicate and launch new creative businesses. It is available to download for free and has been translated into eight languages.