Digital Social Innovation Ideas Bank
This collection showcases over 100 international examples of how governments can create better conditions for digital social innovation to thrive.
Strategic support from government can be the key to success for DSI initiatives, through enacting and influencing policy, funding DSI, procuring DSI, implementing support schemes and upskilling citizens to name a few.
The DSI Ideas Bank, aimed primarily at policymakers, aims to share some of the most exciting examples of governmental support for DSI from across the world, and to support city governments to adapt and replicate these ideas for their own contexts. It aims to spread knowledge of inspiring activity taking place across and beyond Europe, and to encourage more collaboration, learning and sharing.
It sits as a companion to the European DSI Index (EDSII), which is the first systematic exploration and ranking of how EU city ecosystems support the development and growth of DSI. The policy ideas included in the Ideas Bank are grouped under the same themes as the EDSII.
We encourage readers of the Ideas Bank to bear the following in mind when reading:
- Think about context when adapting ideas for your own environment.
- Reach out to governments who have implemented initiatives you’re interested in.
- Take a holistic approach, thinking across themes.
- Take a long-term, connected view, and bear potential unintended consequences in mind.
- Build partnerships.
- Work across government departments and silos.