Nesta (“Nesta”) is launching a call for application to our Democracy Pioneers Award (the “Award”). Please read these terms and conditions, our Privacy Statement and all information on the Award carefully before submitting an application. The Democracy Pioneers Award is operated by Nesta, who are solely funding the award. The award aims to champion and support front runners within the Civic Participation and Democracy field.
By submitting an application, you accept these terms and conditions and agree to comply with them. If you are submitting an entry on behalf of one or more organisations or a team, you undertake to Nesta that you have the authority to bind each of them and that you will be responsible for ensuring that they comply.
1.Who can submit?
Anyone who falls within the conditions of eligibility set out in the “Eligibility” section on the Award page (the “Eligibility Criteria ”) can submit an application.
2.What happens after you apply?
3.Your promises to us
By submitting an application for the Democracy Pioneers Award, you confirm on behalf of yourself and your partners that:
- all information and materials provided to Nesta by you or your partners are true, accurate and complete and you will notify us immediately of any changes to information or materials provided;
- you have provided us with all information which might reasonably be thought to be relevant or necessary for us to consider your application;
- you and your partners have, or will obtain as required, all authorisations, registrations, licences, consents and permissions necessary to submit your application, carry out your proposal and comply with these terms and conditions;
- in participating in the Democracy Pioneers Award, you and your partners will act lawfully, ethically and in good faith and will comply fully with equality and anti-bribery legislation and with any other applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and codes of practice, and will comply with our reasonable requirements, including in relation to health and safety and security, while attending interviews and workshops as part of Democracy Pioneers; and
- neither you nor any of your partners has any actual or potential conflict of interest with Nesta (including with our trustees, officers or employees) in making your application or complying with these terms and conditions and you will immediately inform us if you become aware of any such conflict of interest.
4.Use of Information
We will use any personal information provided by you or your partners, including contact details for your staff and your partners’ staff for the purpose of:
- assessing and evaluating your application;
- to process your application for Democracy Pioneers;
- to administer the Award; and
- to carry out evaluation and research.
- We may share this information with any third parties helping us to run or evaluate Democracy Pioneers, subject to appropriate obligations of confidentiality and data protection. Some of these organisations may process your information in countries outside of the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) where data protection laws are not the same as in the UK and/or the EEA. Please see our Privacy Statement for more information about how personal information may be used.
- We may carry out publicity and promotion for the Democracy Pioneers Award and publish our research and evaluation in relation to the Award. You agree that you and your partners will participate in publicity for Democracy Pioneers and consent on behalf of you and your partners to the use of the names of your organisations, a summary of your proposal, and photographs/recordings of your participation in Democracy Pioneers, in promotion and publications relating to the Award in any media and online.
- Any publicity which you or your partners wish to carry out in relation to Democracy Pioneers must acknowledge Nesta and be approved by us in advance.
5.Limitation of Liability
6.Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and both parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.