Nesta Spotlight is a new series of events, in Scotland, driven by ideas and technologies. The events aim to bring together the best of business, academia, startups, investors and the public sector to stimulate debate on innovation topics.
Social at Scale, the first event in the series, looked at the impact of new media on the Commonwealth Games. Learning from the Olympic Games, we discussed the challenge of using new media to reach bigger audiences. We also looked at how 2014 partners are working alongside a new set of content creators to best capture the Commonwealth story and ensure a lasting legacy.
- Chair- John Beattie - BBC Scotland
- Alex Balfour – Head of Digital Media for the 2012 Olympic Games
- Paul Giblin - Digital Media Manager, Glasgow 2014
- Fin Wycherley - Supersize Media
- Dr Stephen Tagg - Strathclyde Business School