Showcase your work at the Future of People Powered Health 2018
Applications are now closed. Find out more about the event here.
We are looking for a selection of inspirational projects to showcase at the Future of People Powered Health event on 2 May 2018. The event is organised by Nesta Health Lab in partnership with Power to Change.
Are you a social or digital innovator, campaigner, commissioner or practitioner, helping to create a more people powered approach to health and wellbeing? Do you work with citizens in new ways using social connections, digital technology or creativity? Come and share what you are doing with hundreds of other thinkers, doers and funders interested in health, care and wellbeing.
The Future of People Powered Health 2018 will be an exciting day of inspiration, innovation and action. We want to showcase work that provides new insights to the following question:
What if, working together, we could find and harness the power to make health and care work better for everyone?
Selected projects will be invited to exhibit their work at the event in showcase areas. There will also be an opportunity for a small number of projects to present their work on the main stage. You can see some examples from our 2017 event.
What we are looking for
Our theme this year is power. We are looking to showcase projects that can show how power is created and shared by citizens and professionals, communities, frontline staff and senior leaders, and how this is helping to catalyse new and better ways of supporting people to be healthy and happy.
Perhaps you have created new forms of knowledge, collaboration or support by developing new social connections or a new digital platform or device? Or are you supporting people in a new way using art or music?
We will be looking for projects that can offer:
- different perspectives on the theme of power in health, care and wellbeing
- insight into new ways of creating health and happiness.
We are also looking for projects that can use creative and interactive ways to share what they are doing. For example, you may be using music or dance to improve health and wellbeing, or have a creative or interactive way of demonstrating a new idea or technology.
What’s in it for you?
Proposals on the shortlist will be invited to:
- exhibit your project in our showcase area
- meet more than 500 thinkers and doers - including senior influencers, funders, policymakers, commissioners in and outside the health and care system.
A small number of projects will also have the chance to present their ideas on stage. We will live stream these sessions and film sessions for the conference.
Have you got a project to share?
- A short description of your project and the difference it has made.
- A brief outline of how your work can help to answer the question: What if, working together, we could find and harness the power to make health and care work better for everyone?
- A short description of how you would propose to showcase your work.
- A link to relevant videos and/or your website
Projects will be selected by staff from Nesta and Power to Change and we may contact you to ask for additional information to help our decision. We will confirm the selection by Monday 26 February 2018.
- There is no financial reward attached to this challenge and you are responsible for any costs associated with your submission. However, if you are selected to present your work, we may help with reasonable expenses if needed.
- Although some proposals may involve describing products, we’re not interested in a business pitch. Instead, we’re interested in what makes your involvement with people innovative and how it is helping to create and share power.
- Although we will not be publishing your submissions, we may refer to some of the information you provide when we communicate about the event. Please do not share any information in your submission to us that you would not be happy to share publicly or you consider to be commercially sensitive.
- Our decision on which projects will be showcased is final and Nesta may, at its discretion, change the date of this event.
- If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].