A Brief Introduction to Digital Transformation
An introductory guide for public sector leaders who want to understand and get the best out of digital technologies
This report aims to help public sector leaders understand how digital technologies, and the ways of working they enable, can help reform their organisations and deliver better public services.
The report explores:
- Common misconceptions about digital, the risks of striving to be ‘technology-driven’ and how to avoid them
- Examples of how digital technologies are being used by public sector organisations to improve their operations, deliver better public services and engage citizens
- How to put in place project management, governance, team and budget structures to help digitally-enabled projects to thrive
- The principles that organisations should apply when procuring or building their own technology solutions
- The roles required in public sector organisations - including in digital and leadership teams - to succeed in the digital age.