Why are we doing this?
In the last three years we have seen a growing demand across Europe to design and deliver challenge prizes on a broad range of different areas to achieve positive social impact for our society.
Since its inception in 2012, our Centre for Challenge Prizes has rapidly grown its reputation in establishing strategic partnerships with the EU Commission, USAID, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, UNDP and the World Bank, and it is now an internationally renowned centre for expertise in the design and development of inducement prizes.
We are now launching the Challenge Prize Practitioner Network to expand our reach within Europe and internationally and to identify organisations with which to jointly deliver challenges.
What are we doing?
We are convening the practitioner community for challenge prize exploration, development and implementation. Individuals and organisations interested in prizes and using them for social benefit and impact are invited to join us. The network serves as a supportive community for collaboration around design, implementation and impact of challenge prizes.
Our aims for the network include:
- To gain a better understanding of key prize design and delivery issues
- To develop guiding principles and good practice on challenge prizes
- To develop our understanding of challenge prize design and types of challenge prizes
- To share knowledge on how challenge prizes could be best used alongside other innovation tools to tackle societal problems
- To co-develop and share new research on challenge prizes
Want to get involved?
As a member of the network you will have the opportunity to learn, share and work together with fellow challenge prize practitioners from around the world.
What can we offer you?
- We can work with you on developing strategy and making practical connections between different programmes.
- We can help identify relevant partners for co-development of challenge prizes.
- We can provide you access to events and workshops organised by Centre for Challenge Prizes.
- We will help identify thematic areas or societal challenges that potential prizes can help solve.
If you are interested in getting involved please register your interest via the online form and we will contact you with more information on how you can contribute and participate as a member of this network.