How can it help me?
A workshop provides the opportunity to bring people together to share experiences and expertise, and to come up with new solutions or ideas. Assembling and collaborating with people who have an interest in your work, such as partners, experts or potential users, can provide different perspectives on issues. You will need to design your workshop carefully to make sure it is appropriate for the participants. This worksheet will help you to do this effectively.
How do I use it?
Decide what the purpose of the workshop is. Examples include:
- Idea generation
- Selecting and developing ideas
- Creating a vision for making the ideas a reality
Create a clear schedule of activities to support the purpose of the workshop. You should consider:
- Who will participate in the workshop and what skills and knowledge they will bring
- The location and length of the workshop
- The schedule of the workshop
- Relevant tools and materials for the workshop
- Whether you’ll work in groups, and how the groups will share ideas
- Documenting the findings and ideas from the workshop