This report looks at the vital role fast-growth businesses will play in UK economic recovery, and outlines some key priorities for policymakers.
This report identifies several conditions associated with innovation and growth that should be priorities for economic policymakers. These include:
- Removing the obstacles to growth, such as excessive regulation of highly skilled immigrants and land use in dynamic clusters.
- Ensuring access to finance for growing businesses, especially venture capital and expansion capital, which are particularly important for growing businesses.
- Investing in a skilled and creative workforce.
- Using research and university funding, and planning policy, to encourage strong and wide ranging networks between researchers and businesses that encourage the flow of knowledge and information.
- Harnessing government procurement to provide a market for innovative offerings from business.