Corporate Social Innovation
We're on a mission to move the private sector from corporate social responsibility to corporate social strategy, by supporting businesses to innovate for social good. We do this by brokering partnerships, running innovative programmes, and providing strategic support to help businesses create both economic and social value.
In order to reduce inequality in society and build a more sustainable world, we need to harness the resources, energy, power and expertise across sectors. Corporates have a rich history of social responsibility initiatives. While valuable, more often than not these initiatives have sat separately from the core business.
The most forward thinking companies are seeing that business and social good cannot be decoupled. They are asking which social issues are most relevant to their long-term business success. They are seeing that the world’s challenges can’t be tackled without the resources, power and expertise of business and they are looking for innovative ways to use their own assets and insights to address these challenges – innovating within their business and the systems around them, and creating sustainable value for their business and society in tandem.
Nesta believes that by supporting the private sector to engage in social innovation, we can produce better and more sustainable outcomes for communities, and for businesses too.
We do this by:
- Convening leading businesses, thinkers and practitioners from around the world to share ideas and best practice.
- Advising corporates and other private sector organisations on how to innovate for social good.
- Providing insight to governments on how to engage the private sector in this type of innovation.
- Running innovative programmes with and for organisations who want to engage in innovation for social good, such as our Inclusive Economy Partnership, run in partnership with the Cabinet Office and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).
- Sharing our knowledge and lessons so that others can replicate our successes.
Get in touch
If you'd like to find out more, please contact us at: [email protected].