Want a job that combines the excitement of working in a high-growth tech startup with the fulfilment of creating life-changing social impact? Then this is the role for you!
As a Support Specialist, you're collaborating with the amazing people referred to Beam, coaching them through their remarkable journey out of homelessness and into rewarding work.
You’re a creative problem solver, directly helping us to iterate and bring our award-winning platform to true scale.
You’re someone who enjoys getting out and about, meeting everyone from people living in homeless hostels to senior government figures.
You’re ambitious, excited by the prospect of working with super smart teammates in a startup founded by someone that’s scaled a business to millions of users and raised funding from investors in the likes of Facebook and Dropbox.
You're friendly and empathetic and excel at building strong, respectful working relationships.
You’re excited by the prospect of getting a little nerdy with the latest apps and working in a data-driven way - even if tech’s a new direction for you.
You're process-driven and solution-orientated, able to juggle demanding workloads in a fast-paced startup environment that works to ambitious KPIs.
Working as a Support Specialist is the perfect entry point into Beam during a pivotal time in our growth as a social business. Candidates interested in working within other areas of Beam are encouraged to consider putting in an application and starting their journey with us here. The Mission Support team is at the heart of why we exist: to transform people’s lives for the better.
The position is based in Moorgate, London, although may require occasional co-locating within Greater London. The role reports to Beam’s Co-founder and COO, Seb Barker.
● Coaching people on career planning before navigating them through training and into sustained employment
● Working face-to-face with people to create content for their crowdfunding campaign using our proprietary in-house technology
● Brokering relationships with new training and employment partners to streamline training and employment pathways for people
● Collaborating with our brilliant referral partners in the world of charities and local government
● Building a strong, respectful and professional working relationship with people using Beam to skill up
● Producing detailed wellbeing plans and case notes
● Working to ambitious KPIs that increase our social impact
● Generating ideas and processes that iterate our model of support services towards scale
● >1 year high-quality professional experience in a start-up, social enterprise, highly-regarded company, or the social care or charities sector
● Experience working with vulnerable individuals - or huge enthusiasm to excel in that field (don't worry, you’ll be enrolled into a thorough training programme when you join)
● Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude
● Passion for innovation and social impact
● Thrives under pressure and in fast-paced environments
● Highly detail-orientated and risk-aware while working with integrity and openness
● Highly adaptable, personable and excited to work with people from diverse backgrounds
● Committed to promoting equality of opportunity in London - and far beyond
Compensation & Perks
● £25-35k - we're open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
● Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
● Stunning coworking office in Moorgate (complete with mini golf and table tennis)
● Work-hard, play-hard culture with an annual mini-break
● Brand new MacBook Air or PC
● £200 annual learning and personal development budget
● 'Beam team talks' with some of the UK's leading tech entrepreneurs
We're a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who love our work and making a positive impact. If you believe in our purpose and want to learn fast and drive some major innovation, get in touch.
Applications for the role are considered on a rolling basis.