This role is the glue within the People team. The People & Resourcing Assistant enables the cohesive operation of the team, helping drive efficiencies and continuous improvement.
The post holder is responsible for providing the lead and over-arching support on all People work including, but not limited to: Recruitment and Selection, On and off boarding, HR Metrics, Learning and Development coordination, benefits administration, internal communications, policy development and review, people systems maintenance and development, and the first point of contact for line managers and employees on all People related matters.
Accuracy, quality, customer service, pride and ambition are the key attributes we are looking for.
Culture: Support the embedding of a People culture that underpins the business strategy and ethos. Working towards an empowering non-hierarchical culture that breeds accountability, action, flair and entrepreneurialism whilst maintaining a sense of fairness, fluidity and fun.
Talent Development: To ensure a continuous pipelining of talent and specialist skills. Work with the people team to retain talent through understanding individual and team needs and create an environment that makes Nesta the place people want to work in the sector.
General Support: Provide the People team with generalist day to day support to ensure all People matters are dealt with quickly and effectively. Ensure consistently effective engagement and communication to support the business culture. Provide business data that identifies improvements and define solutions for improvement.
- A successful and proven track record of working in a People or administration setting with a strong customer delivery ethic and a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Possess a proactive and ‘can do’ attitude, pushing for a solution at all times, ensuring quality and accuracy is not compromised.
- A creative thinker, who is able to be innovative and develop new ways of addressing People challenges and cutting the ‘red tape’.
- Adaptable and flexible to work within differing organisational cultures when needed.
- Outstanding and proven organisational, project and time management skills, ability and experience to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven experience of maintaining and developing a HR or CRM system, and ensuring a return on investment materialises through revising and introducing new working methods and workflows.
- Ability to collate, identify and provide solutions to organisational training needs, and organise appropriate learning interventions in conjunction with the People Business Partner.
- Liaison with IT, Communications and other internal teams to ensure that People communications are on brand, message and consistent.
- Experience of undertaking analysis or collating data, analysing it and presenting it in a meaningful way to demonstrate progress against the People plan.
- Excellent IT skills (Googlemail/GoogleDocs would be advantageous). Confidence with and proven ability to learn new IT systems.
- Demonstrable experience of liaising and communicating appropriately and confidentially with a wide range of people, covering all kinds of technical or professional areas and all levels of seniority.
- Provide support to the monthly payroll process, ensuring electronic systems are updated and maintained and information provided is accurate.
- Maintain inventory of benefits forms and materials; liaising with external benefits providers and brokers whilst ensuring invoices are accurate.
- Part CIPD qualified, or willing to work towards a qualification.
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post and People team.