Destination Local Demonstrators : Networking and resources
Throughout November, we hosted briefing events across the UK for people to find out more about the Destination Local Demonstrators competition. Many who attended let us know they feel inspired and more equipped to put forward an expression of interest. Some people also asked for additional support in finding prospective partners to work with.
We are inviting you to come to London (easier for most people to get to than other places in the UK) on Thursday 5 December:
- 6:00 – 8:30pm
- Timberyard UK (downstairs)
- 61-67 Old Street
- London EC1V 9HW
Closest tube stations:
- Old Street (on the Northern Line - particularly easy to access from King’s Cross St. Pancras and Euston overland stations)
- Barbican (on the Circle Line – particularly easy to access from Paddington, Liverpool Street and Victoria overland stations)
- Buses include: 55, 243
You can let us know if you’re attending by simply emailing [email protected]
There are plenty of other resources you can access that will support your application to the competition:
- A webinar of the London briefing event, which includes a detailed presentation from the Technology Strategy Board’s competitions team and a Q&A re. the application process and criteria
- Briefing event PowerPoint presentations from Frank Boyd (Creative Industries Knowledge Transfer Network’s (CIKTN)) Matt Brown and the competitions team (Technology Strategy Board) and Kathryn Geels and Jon Kingsbury (Nesta)
- Nesta’s Destination Local programme, which includes information re. phase 1 and links to Nesta’s research into hyperlocal media
- A blog post outlining different ways you can participate in the Destination Local Demonstrators competition, which may help you decide if this particular competition is suited to your business / service
- For background information about the competition, refer to the Technology Strategy Board 2013-2016 creative industries strategy launch
- You can also read blog post by Nesta’s director of creative economy programmes, Jon Kingsbury, re. the competition background
If you decide that the Destination Local Demonstrators competition isn’t suited to your business / service, remember, there are other opportunities available to you. The Technology Strategy Board is continuing to fund and support a range of other competitions and programmes, including an Innovation in Hyperlocal Advertising contest, which IC tomorrow and Nesta are partnering on.
Nesta is continuing its analysis of the hyperlocal media sector through three other key priority areas:
- Stimulating policy debate
- Encouraging industry-led research
- Encouraging collaboration between larger, established and new, emerging players
As we head into 2014, we will keep you updated on our work and on further funding and programme opportunities in this space and in other relevant sectors.
For further support regarding the Destination Local Demonstrators competition, contact the dedicated helpline Ph: 0300 321 435 Email: [email protected]. Also follow the #destinationlocal hashtag on Twitter for lots of Q&A from the briefing events.