ShareLab Fund is now closed for applications
Phase 1: Expression of interest
We invited applicants to submit an expression of interest (EOI) online by 9 December 2016. Applicants needed to fill out a short online form and were encouraged to submit a supporting video using Vimeo of no more than two minutes introducing themselves and explaining their idea.
Phase 2: Review event
Nesta will host a workshop to develop the ideas with greatest potential on 31 January 2017 at Nesta's offices in London - 58 Victoria Embankment. Applicants will meet with teams from Nesta’s Innovation Lab, external advisors and potential partners to review and iterate the ideas together. The aim is to facilitate connections between applicants and improve all ideas, regardless of their maturity.
Following the event, applicants will be invited to submit full proposals, with funding requests of £10,000 - £40,000.
Phase 3: Selection and awards
A panel of experts will review the full applications. The panel will consider the following five criteria when recommending awards:
- Innovation and ambition - is the idea original and compelling; does it meet a well evidenced need?
- Credibility - is it appealing to users/commissioners?
- Impact - if the idea were successful, would the social or environmental impact be meaningful?
- Scale - is this an idea that could have broad applicability in other geographies/contexts?
- Sustainability - is there a credible route to the idea/initiative becoming self-sustaining?
We will also consider the extent to which each team has the appropriate skills and partnerships in place. As part of the support offer, Nesta will provide teams with appropriate advice, networks and support.