Nesta’s Legal team are a high performing and supportive team, focused on providing excellent, efficient and pragmatic legal advice for the foundation.
As a result of organisational growth and a number of new and exciting projects, we are now looking for a 4-8 year qualified lawyer with experience of drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, providing commercial advice to a range of in-house queries, and an interest in Nesta’s work. Along with the other Senior Legal Counsel, the role will also deputise for the General Counsel.
The Legal team drafts and negotiates grant agreements, partnership agreements, services contracts, events contracts and a wide variety of other commercial contracts. They advise the organisation on charity and company law, corporate, EU funding, public procurement, state aid, data protection, real estate and intellectual property.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for intellectually challenging and stimulating work in a dynamic voluntary sector environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
● 4-8 years qualified solicitor or barrister (or equivalent outside UK). More experienced applicants looking for experience in the voluntary sector are encouraged to apply
● Strong academic credentials
● At least four years’ contract/commercial law experience in either a large in-house legal department or good quality private practice (regional or London)
● Sound knowledge of the UK legal system
● Demonstrable good drafting skills with broad experience of drafting a variety of contracts to a high standard
● Experience of providing advice direct to clients or non-legal colleagues at all levels, managing own client workload and working in mixed project teams, preferably with experience in-house
● Excellent legal research and analytical skills
● Good commercial judgment, flexibility and ability to balance legal risk against practical constraints
● Demonstrable ability to work efficiently and manage priorities to meet deadlines with good attention to detail
● Knowledge of charity law and company law (desirable)
● Interest and experience in Nesta’s areas of work, such as voluntary or public sector, social enterprise, social investment and/or policy and research work (desirable).
How to apply:
For the full Candidate Specification and our Application Form, please click on the relevant buttons on this advert.
The closing date for completed applications is 11.59pm, Sunday 23 July.
1st Interviews will take place on Tuesday 1 August.
2nd Interviews will take place on Monday 7 August.