Project Delivery Manager
We are looking for a Project Delivery Manager to join the new Explorations team here at Nesta.
Nesta has a strong track record in pioneering analysis of emerging technologies and opening up public debate about future trends. This includes events such as FutureFest, the Hot Topics series and published research into fields such as machine learning and the automation of jobs. Building on the success of this work on futures, Nesta’s new ‘Explorations’ function brings together our in-house foresight capacity with the portfolio of more experimental, speculative projects we undertake across the organisation.
Whilst this role will sit within the Explorations team, it also involves continuous collaboration with all parts of the organisation including Policy & Research, the Innovation Lab, the communications and events teams. We are looking for a practical, delivery-orientated individual - capable of driving projects forward in a strongly collaborative way. You will need to combine an interest in creative ideas and dynamic events with a talent for implementation and logistics.
Whilst the successful candidate must have strong administrative skills, the content of projects that you will be supporting will appeal to the intellectually curious. With initiatives addressing everything from Artificial Intelligence to the future of the public sector, there will be opportunities to engage with cutting edge ideas and a diverse set of sectors. This role will be a perfect fit for a versatile self-starter who has a proven track record of turning ideas into practical projects with real-world impact.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A broad interest in new technologies, science and / or social innovation
- Very strong administrative skills - including financial management and proficiency working with management accounts
- Experience of working with databases, CRMs and data records systems such as Salesforce
- Versatile and flexible, with a willingness to take on a diverse set of responsibilities at any given time
- Strong writing skills with an eye for quality control and attention to detail in all outputs
- Good interpersonal skills: the ability to work effectively with a diverse, high-performing organisation and willingness to be the spokesperson of the team as needed
- Solid digital skills (including G Suite, social media and Microsoft).
For the full Candidate Specification and short Application Form, please click on the relevant links on this advert.
The closing date for completed applications is 23:59, Sunday 30 July.
1st Interviews will take place on Tuesday 8th August.
2nd Interviews will take place on Tuesday 15th August.