Programme Manager - Longitude Prize
The Longitude Prize at Nesta is a £10million Challenge Prize, to conserve antibiotics for future generations. A single prize of £8m will be awarded to a team who develop a quick and simple point of care diagnostic test that can be used anywhere in the world to determine if antibiotics are needed.
We are looking for a Programme Manager to work all aspects of the delivery of the Longitude Prize. The successful candidate will be expected to be lead liaison with registered teams, the judging panel and a network of Prize advisors and supporters.
The candidate needs to ensure that plans are fit for purpose and help deliver competitor and public engagement activity in the UK and around the world. The Longitude Prize was launched in November 2014 and currently has 240 teams that are registered to compete from 41 countries.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good undergraduate degree in the life sciences, as a minimum; a postgraduate qualification is preferred.
- A successful track record of managing long-term projects, maintaining and updating systems to help them run effectively; experience in life sciences/health preferred.
- Experience or understanding of antimicrobial resistance, global health, and medical technology and/or medical product development.
- Solid organisational, prioritisation and time management skills with the proven ability to coordinate and track multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills: the ability to work effectively with a wide range of high profile partners, team members and stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail and high standards of accuracy; a good completer/finisher.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint; and ideally experience with salesforce and other cloud-based management tools).
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and presentations.
For the full Candidate Specification and our Application Form please click on the relevant buttons on this advert.
The closing date for completed applications is 23:59, Sunday 20 August.
1st Interviews will take place on Monday 4 September.
2nd Interviews will take place on Monday 11 September.