Digital Content Editor
Nesta is looking for a creative, passionate Digital Content Editor to join the Challenge Prize Centre, lead on content and promotion of the Longitude Prize, and to support the development of digital content across our other prizes.
At Nesta’s Challenge Prize Centre, we research, design and manage innovation competitions to incentivise breakthroughs in science, technology and other domains in an effort to improve people’s health and welfare. The Longitude Prize launched in 2014 and is an international competition with a total budget of £10 million - £8 million of which will be awarded to one team that successfully develops a point-of-care rapid diagnostic test. This test will help address the challenge of overuse, irrational use and underuse of antibiotics. As of March 2017, 211 teams from 41 countries have registered to compete for the prize.
The Digital Content Editor will be responsible for managing the Longitude Prize website and producing newsletters and blogs with input from health and science experts and teams that are competing to win the Longitude Prize. The postholder will also offer strategic digital communications support to other teams in the Prize Centre, which includes a very diverse portfolio from assistive technology to work on drones.
The editor will create content, marketing collateral, manage social media and web operations for the Longitude Prize and support team members in doing so for our other prizes. In addition, in close collaboration with Nesta’s communications team, the postholder will raise the profile and online presence of the Longitude Prize and other issues on Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR), will help to support the fundraising strategy, and will also assist with helping to organise and participate in international events.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent as a minimum, preferably in the sciences, journalism or related field.
- Have experience within a digital communication role and experience of website content management.
- Have proven experience working in an editorial capacity with a varied portfolio of written work, especially in sciences/medical fields.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of digital best practice, including user centred design, customer experience, accessibility, SEO and social media.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Have proven experience of basic technical skills relevant to managing a website, including content management systems.
- Have an understanding of current and emerging web technologies and social media trends.
- Have significant experience of developing and delivering digital communications projects.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical details to nontechnical people.
For the full Candidate Specification and our Application Form, please click on the relevant buttons on this advert.
The closing date for completed applications is 9am, Monday 3 April.
1st Interviews will take place on Tuesday 11 April.
2nd Interviews will take place w/c 17 April.