Our Dynamic Earth
112-116 Holyrood Gait
EH8 8AS Edinburgh
Nesta and the Economic Development Association Scotland (EDAS) held a day conference looking at the future of innovation in Scotland.
In its newly launched Economic Strategy, the Scottish Government has placed innovation at the heart of its plan for long-term, sustainable economic growth.
- We hosted a keynote address from John Swinney MSP, as well as high-profile speakers from Scotland's public and private sectors.
- Stian Westlake, Executive Director for Policy and Research at Nesta, discussed what research tells us about innovation in Scotland.
- Robert Crawford, Chairman at EDAS offered some thoughts and ideas as to why this matters for Scotland.
The event was designed for business leaders, civil servants and other policy-makers interested in how innovation will contribute to long-term growth in Scotland.
Delegates had the opportunity to hear and participate in sessions covering:
- How the world's most innovative countries promote creativity and innovation.
- The Scottish Government's innovation plans.
- How higher education might be more integrated into the innovation support system.
- An analysis of Scotland's Creative Economy.
- Innovation for sustainability and green growth.
- What works in innovation policy - and how to tell.
In Partnership with: