Two years ago the Digital R&D Fund for the Arts was put in motion with the premise to support innovative digital projects that would benefit the arts. How do we make sure that we do not get locked in our successes and that we continue to experiment?
- This is one of a series of blogs reflecting on how Nesta’s Innovation Lab works and what we’re learning about our craft. In this blog we reflect on five lessons we've learnt about how to make better funding decisions when you're backing innovation.
- We kicked off 2012 with a post explaining why the DCMS’s creative industries statistics for the UK needed to be updated and placed on a more rigorous footing. We started 2013 with a post on our Dynamic Mapping research which proposed a methodology for doing just that, based on the finding that creative industries have high levels of “creative intensity” (the proportion of the workforce in creative occupations).
You're viewing blog articlesShow filters reveal
Filter by topic:
- Ageing (20)
- Arts + Creative (78)
- Business + Economy (106)
- Challenge Prizes (23)
- Community (82)
- Data Research (45)
- Education (65)
- Evidence (49)
- Finance + Investment (65)
- Future + Tech (82)
- Giving + Social Action (51)
- Health (29)
- Jobs (28)
- Public Services (119)
- Society (128)
- Startups + Accelerators (29)
It’s easy to see why many paint a bleak picture for women trying to make it in the world of tech. But I'm feeling a lot more positive...
DIY has been 12 months in the making: what you see here is our first cut set of best practice tools for social innovation. We’ve worked...
Crowdfunding practice is far ahead of research. Here we list 7 interesting crowdfunding research projects.
Today, at NHS Expo, we are announcing the creation of the Coalition for Collaborative Care.
Over a month, Nesta is hosting a series of events on the increasingly personal data we collect about ourselves
Our Creative Business Mentor Network has launched a new call for high growth, ambitious creative firms looking for a mentor to help them to...
The quest for evidence has been rumbling along for decades. But how do businesses fit into this? If we demand evidence of impact from our...
Two years ago the Digital R&D Fund for the Arts was put in motion with the premise to support innovative digital projects that would...
The big danger of industrial policy is when vested interests call the shots. The IPPR's new report is a case in point...
There is a lot of excitement around the impact of ‘big data’ on innovation and growth, but it's not clear what are the implications of...